Matrix transformation parameters

• Hi!

This is a question about how to generate the affine correction parameters needed to map one coordinate system to another.

I have two coordinate systems that I want to map to each other.
    One of them is "true", and the other is similar but not exactly same.
    I have one set of measured x,y points p1, p2, p3 in the "true" space, and one set p1', p2',p3' in the "approximate" space.

I am actually measuring some marker positions on an object in two different optical microscopes with x,y position readout, and I want to "merge" the two position readouts to be the same. I take the first one as a reference, and then take the measurement from the second microscope through a transformation to get the same position readout.

Is there any function in e.g. QMatrix that can help me generate the transformation matrix parameters needed to map any point p to p'?

• Qt Champions 2017

@BAMN said in Matrix transformation parameters:

Is there any function in e.g. QMatrix that can help me generate the transformation matrix parameters needed to map any point p to p'?

No, there isn't. You should do that yourself and with a proper mathematical package. It boils down to solving 2 (or 3, depending on the dimension) linear systems to determine the rows of the transformation matrix based on the initial vectors and output vectors.

• Thanks for the clear reply.
    It spares me the fear of having missed a simple solution in the qt5 framework.
    Now I know in what direction to go!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.