Since you have it working now, please mark the thread as solved using the "Topic Tools" button or the tree dotted menu beside that answer you deem correct so other forum users may know a solution has been found.
GitHub now proposes its own CI using Actions. This project provides a Qt installation action that could be a starting point. Note that I haven't used this particular CI system so I can't comment on its pros and cons.
Please provide a Short, Self Contained, Correct (Compilable), Example (http://www.sscce.org/ ). Remove the confidential and unnecessary elements, and give us a compilable example (including a main() function, a simple class, and an output display) that demonstrates the problem. Otherwise, it's difficult to understand the problem.
.moc is not generated for every dialog as I thought. I got confused by name convention. moc_*.cpp are being produced.
However, I had made another stupid error before. Accidently I had placed my test code into the contructor of the testing class and not in the routine testCase1() as required. However, since I had no problems from the being, I did not pay attention to this details. After moving the code to testCase1() also the test returns from my widget are monitored.
That would still create an invalid xml file if you use xUnit output.
I use jenkins so the results should be readable from it too. Agree you can handle the xml file manually to make it valid but it looks like a lot of useless work compared to a single line in (windows) batch if you split the tests
for /f %%f in ('dir /b "Tests\*.exe"') do Tests\%%f -o %%f.xml,xml