Qt Installer Framework: Cannot uninstall program on Windows 10

• Hi,

I have created an installer for my program with Qt Installer Framework 3.0.6.

It all works fine on Windows 7.

On Windows 10 however, I can't run the uninstaller from the "Uninstall or change a program" menu. When I select my program in the list and click "Uninstall", I get the following error: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel". It works as expected if I manually launch uninstall.exe.

Is an additional step necessary to work with Windows 10?

Thanks for the help.

• @Dydill

Hi and welcome to devnet forum

In this case you do the uninstall directly from windows 10?

You can start maintenancetool.exe in the installation folder of your application. There should be the entrance for complete removal of the application. I am using always that part.

• @koahnig

Thanks for the answer.

Starting the uninstaller.exe by double click from my program installation directory works fine. It removes all the file and my program is gone from the installed programs list. The main problem is that my users try to remove the program from the "Uninstall or change a program" menu (as we all do) and in that case it doesn't work (it shows the message above).

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.