Error Due to automatic update of moc_application.cpp file

• Dear Developer,

Please help me solve following error.

In my application first by mistake I have added slot "cursorPositionChanged" for Line Edit widget. Corresponding to which I get

1. on_LineEdit_cursorPositionChanged() slot in my application.cpp file

2. case 31: _t->on_stepLineEdit_cursorPositionChanged((reinterpret_cast< int()>(_a[1])),(reinterpret_cast< int()>(_a[2]))); break;

entry in my moc_application.cpp file.

Later, after realizing my mistake when I have deleted above given code and rebuild my application I get following error.

error: undefined reference to `Application::on_LineEdit_cursorPositionChanged(int, int)' in moc_application.cpp file

Please inform me from where code:

case 31: _t->on_stepLineEdit_cursorPositionChanged((reinterpret_cast< int()>(_a[1])),(reinterpret_cast< int()>(_a[2]))); break;

appear in my moc_application.cpp file after I do "Clean all" and "Rebuild all" , even after I have deleted it from moc_application.cpp file before rebuilding my application.

Kindly inform me if you need any information from me.

Thank you very much :)

• Moderators

Try removing the whole build directory and building again. Also, run qmake manually in Qt Creator (right click on your project and select "Run qmake"), then build.

I have deleted above given code

So you have removed the slot from both application.h and application.cpp?

• Hello Sierdzio,

Thank you very much for your reply actually I forget to remove slot from application.h file.

After I deleted declaration of slot from .h file everything went fine.

Thank you :)

• Moderators

You're welcome. Happy coding :-)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.