Qt Visual Studio 2010 add-in qserialdevice set up

• I'm very new to Qt and Visual Studio. How would I go about using the qserialdevice library in a Visual Studio Qt solution? I was able to compile a qserialdevice.lib file from Visual Studio.

Thanks, I'm struggling a bit with the IDE, but I am forced to use it.

• Moderators

Hi cmessineo

your question is quite specific, but also very open. So it is not clear where to start.

I am assuming that you have properly installed a Qt version for msvc2010. Which version? How did you get the binaries?
    Do you have installed "vsaddin":http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/visual-studio-add-in ?

• Thanks for replying, I had trouble finding where to add additional include directories and where to add my lib file. I'm wasn't familiar with the IDE.

• im also a real beginner and i wanna know if there's any clear advice about how to use the qserialdevice library in a project?
    i cant compile the examples i guess i have to build the buildlibrary first but the problem is that i get errors inside the codes and so building the library doesnt get successful and when building the examples,i get this error : cannot find -lqserialdevice
    how shuold i correctly build the library so that i can compile examples of qserialdevice and also use the library?
    is there a step by step guide for that or can anybody plz tell me in detail?
    ill be so thankfull for that.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.