QML & Array of Objects to QML side

• Hi

I have array of Objects in C++ side. E.g QList<Fruits>. Assume that number of fruits are 5. I would like to display the name of fruit using five text elements.

1. I can expose these objects using Model. If Expose the fruit list as model, I have to use them View.
    2. If I expose through QVariantList, any updates to fruit list will not be updated updated internally. Issues with this approach is that need to send the full list again.

Is there way I can use the model, still update the data with model internally and use it without Views ?

Please note that I'm experimenting with different options. If you have any inputs please suggest.

• @dheerendra said in QML & Array of Objects to QML side:

Is there way I can use the model, still update the data with model internally and use it without Views ?

I didn't understand, can you rephrase the question? What do you mean by "update the data with model internally"? What is using without Views?

• @Eeli-K
    Thank you responding to my question. I would like to have model in C++. Assume I have 5 elements in model and it has role called 'name'. I would like to display the name with simple 5 text elements instead of using ListView or GridView etc. Also I would like the text elements to updated whenever the model changes.

Hope it clarifies.

• @dheerendra I think you still need something which uses a model automatically or you have to catch the signals from C++ and update the visual elements manually. Strictly speaking a Repeater is not a View but it's updated automatically:

import QtQuick 2.7
    import QtQuick.Controls 2.2

ApplicationWindow {
        visible: true
        width: 640
        height: 480

ListModel {
            id: lm
            ListElement {}
            ListElement {}
        }

Row {
              Repeater {
                  model: lm
                  Button {
                      text: lm.count
                      onClicked: lm.append({})
                  }
              }
          }
    }

• I think Signal & Slot may be helpful for update data

• @dheerendra

Do you really need a model in C++ to do this. Here is how I create a row of tabs dynamically in QML:

TabView {
            id:wayPointTabView

anchors.top:titleArea.bottom
            anchors.topMargin:5
            anchors.left:parent.left
            anchors.right:parent.right
            clip:true
            height:325
            tabPosition:Qt.BottomEdge
            Component.onCompleted:{
                var i = controller.getNumOfMarkerTypes();
                for (var j = 0; j< i; j++) {
                    var tab = addTab(controller.getMarkerTypeString(j),waypointIconTabView)
                    tab.active = true;
                    console.log("\t\t>>>>>>Tab", tab.progress, tab.item)
                    tab.item.markerType = j;
                    //    tab.loaded.connect(wayPointTabView.xxx)
                    //      tab.loaded.connect(function() { tab.item.markerType = j; })
                    tab.item.focus = true
                }
                currentIndex = 1;
            }
        }

Now controller is a c++ class.  It has the two methods defined as:
    (Controller.h)

Q_INVOKABLE int getNumOfMarkerTypes();
    Q_INVOKABLE QString getMarkerTypeString(int);

• @DBoosalis That will not be updated automatically, which dheerendra explicitly wanted.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.