Rendering in c++, how to build the 'chassis'?

• My goal: render complex things (2d, vectorized) using existing c++ rende code, inside a Qt Quick application
    In short: is there (or can any one provide) an example of the needed setup/framework code to get custom drawn things on screen in a Qt Quick application?

From google I understand that there are basically two 'modern' ways, by either subclassing QQuickItem or by subclassing QQuickPaintedItem.
    For now I was able to render my things on a QImage using a QPainter and save it to disk, but I'm having a hard time understanding how to integrate it in Qt Quick so that it will be rendered full screen (with approximately 5 FPS). (In a later stage there will be more gui/buttons added that change what is rendered).

so starting from a new freshly created project, what should I do to get a call to my (statefull) c++ code that renders things using a QPainter?
    (As I'm quite new to Qt feel free to state the obvious things)

• Qt Champions 2017

Have seen the TextBalloon::TextBalloon examples under Examples directory in Qt Installation ? Just look at quick directory under examples. It has many.

• Yes, I did see that example, however how to run it? it builds a library (how do I connect that to a normal app?)
    And is that the best way to build an app that heavily relies on the drawn graphics?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.