Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

navigation using page loader element

• Hello everyone i want to develope a code to navigate qml pages (eg. next and back).
    below is my test code.
    issue i am facing is once i go to "next" and "back", i again cant go to "next". along with my element on first qml is visible by setting property and cant controll mouse area "onclicked" as required.

/// main.qml

import QtQuick 1.1

Rectangle {
        width: 360
        height: 360

Loader {
            id : loader1
        }

Rectangle {
            id : button1
            width: 100
            height: 50
            radius: 10
            focus: true
            color: "steelblue"
            anchors.horizontalCenter: parent.horizontalCenter
            y: 100

Text {
            text: qsTr("next")
            anchors.centerIn: parent
        }

MouseArea {
            anchors.fill: parent
            onClicked: {
                loader1.source="test.qml"
            }
        }
        }
    }

/// test.qml

import QtQuick 1.1

Rectangle {
        width: 360
        height: 360
        color:  "red"

Loader {
            id : loader1
        }

Rectangle {
            width: 100
            height: 50
            radius: 10
            color: "steelblue"
            anchors.horizontalCenter: parent.horizontalCenter
            y: 200

Text {
            text: qsTr("back")
            anchors.centerIn: parent
        }

MouseArea {
            anchors.fill: parent
            onClicked: {
                loader1.source="main.qml"
            }
        }
        }
    }

• Moderators

@Anas_Deshmukh I guess the components are overlapping and hiding each other.

• @p3c0 thanks for reply, Yes i was sure abt it, my elements getting overlapped (stil ltrying to fix it with adjustments). now my doubt is when loader load new page i think i messed up with "focus" property, ie. onMouseClicked, text input feild , tab navigation, and keyboard input key detect (unable to get input right now). Is there is any way when i load new page previous page properly hide and i can focus on element as my need. i read abt "binding" but little confuse on same approach.

• Moderators

@Anas_Deshmukh Are you stuck with Qt Quick 1.x ? Can you move to latest version ?

• @p3c0 No, i cant move to qt5,my code is part of opensource developement.(Qt 4.8.6)

• Moderators

@Anas_Deshmukh said in navigation using page loader element:

Is there is any way when i load new page previous page properly hide and i can focus on element as my need. i read abt "binding" but little confuse on same approach.

Perhaps you can bind the visible property of pages with Loader's status property i.e when status = Loader.Ready hide other one.
    Or it could be as trivial as hiding a page when you click a button to load other page.

• Hi all,
    this issue is solve by adjusting 'focus' property and 'forceActiveFocus' in every loaded qml form.
    I use timer and onTriggered signal help me adjust focus in every loaded qml form.