Installer framework CreateDesktopEntry help.

• I'm trying to create a desktop entry using a script file with the installer framework but not working.

Here is the content of the script file:

function Component() {
        installer.finishButtonClicked.connect(this, Component.prototype.installationFinished);
    }

Component.prototype.createOperations = function() {
        component.createOperations();
    }

Component.prototype.installationFinished = function() {
        try {
            if (installer.isInstaller() && installer.status == QInstaller.Success) {
                component.addOperation("CreateDesktopEntry", 
                                      "@HomeDir@/.local/share/applications/Cumulus.desktop", 
                                      "Type=Application\n
                                      Terminal=false\n
                                      Exec=@TargetDir@/Cumulus\n
                                      Name=Cumulus\n
                                      Icon=@TargetDir@/cumulus.svg");
                component.addOperation("Copy", "@HomeDir@/.local/share/applications/Cumulus.desktop", "@HomeDir@/Desktop/Cumulus.desktop");
                QDesktopServices.openUrl("file:///" + installer.value("TargetDir") + "/InstallationLog.txt");
            }
        } catch(e) {
            console.log(e);
        }
    }

The script runs and no error is logged, when finishing the InstallationLog.txt opens and is there to confirm that the script is runing.
    I have also tried copying a file from within installation using Copy operation but not working at all either.

• It's strange as addOperation doesn't work when inside installationFinished , i had to put it under createOperations and remove the if condition.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.