Need to partially convert HTML to PDF document

• Hi All,

i am using qtwebkit 5.5 for convert HTML to PDF in that i want to partially convert HTML page to PDF by specifying HTML elements (div,Table,chart,image etc) instead of convert hole page for example i am having HTML page with more then one <div> content from that i want to convert any one of the div content as PDF by specifying its ID . please share your views .

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators

@Shidharth
    The simplest solution would be to simply render the web widget (using QWidget::render() ) and print the resulting image. There is a lot of material about printing to PDF using Qt available on the web so i am sure you will find it yourself.

QtWebKit: QWebView
    QtWebEngine:

using QtWebKit (deprecated):

QWebElement elem = myWebView->page()->mainFrame()->findFirstElement("#id");
    if( !elem.isNull() )
    {
         QPixmap pix( elem.geometry().size() );
         QPainter p( &pix );
         elem.render( &p );
         p.end();

// print pixmap to pdf
    }

using QtWebEngine:

QWebEngineView* myWebView = new QWebEngineView;
    myWebView->load( url );

// when loaded:
    QPixmap pix( myWebView->size() );
    myWebView->render( &pix );
    //print pixmap to pdf

honestly i don't know if there is not a faster/better way using QtWebEngine though

• @raven-worx

Thanks for your replay

is possible to convert particular HTML element to PDF without using pixmap because PDF text should be Selectable .

• Moderators

@Shidharth
    Maybe you can extract a QWebElement and insert it into a separate QWebView and use print(). But i think it may not look the same as in the origin QWebView.

Also maybe there is a possible JavaScript way?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.