QtWebKit to QtWebEngine migration problem



  • I have a "problem" with this on one of my computers, I load a .html file to run google maps, inside the html file there is this code: <script src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?v=3.exp"></script>
    on my main computer everything work OK but on the other I need to change to: <script src="http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?v=3.exp"></script> .

    with QtWebKit https work on both computers.

    Arch Linux
    Qt Creator 3.6.0
    Based on Qt 5.5.1 (GCC 4.9.1 20140922 (Red Hat 4.9.1-10), 64 bit)
    Built on Dec 15 2015 01:01:12
    From revision b52c2f91f5

    update: I have done some javascript debugging with chrome-based browser and it seems I get this errormessage:
    GET https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js/GeoPhotoService.SingleImageSearch?p…b1!3e2!4m10!1e1!1e2!1e3!1e4!1e8!1e6!5m1!1e2!6m1!1e2&callback=xdc._ri6rs4 net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR



  • Wireshark get this when using "QtWebEngine":

    108 12.918744145 10.1.1.10 216.58.209.138 TLSv1.1 218 Client Hello
    109 12.924036541 216.58.209.138 10.1.1.10 TCP 66 443 → 59236 [FIN, ACK] Seq=3845 Ack=186 Win=43648 Len=0 TSval=2466168876 TSecr=87937
    110 12.924111160 10.1.1.10 216.58.209.138 TCP 66 59236 → 443 [ACK] Seq=186 Ack=3846 Win=37632 Len=0 TSval=87949 TSecr=2466168876
    111 12.966446959 216.58.209.138 10.1.1.10 TCP 66 443 → 59238 [ACK] Seq=1 Ack=153 Win=43648 Len=0 TSval=2465270239 TSecr=87947
    112 12.967175897 216.58.209.138 10.1.1.10 TLSv1.1 73 Alert (Level: Fatal, Description: Inappropriate Fallback)

    Any idea why application use TLSv1.1 instead of TLSv1.2 ? this does happen om some "Client Hello" calls not all...



  • I assume this is either missing/bad documentation or a bug, I don´t know enough to debug this "problem" further.



  • I have made "some" progress...

    1: Made a clonezilla image of non-working computer.
    2: I installed a clonezilla image from the working computer, --not working.
    3: Installed Fedora 23 + Qt5.6.0 from scratch, --not working.
    4: Reinstalled old clonezilla non-working image.
    5: I Uninstalled QT ,removed all QT folders & configfiles I found in home directory rebooted ,-- now my application WORK as expected with the Arch Linux installed qt5* files.
    6: I can install everything exept "Desktop gcc 64-bit" from the online installer......

    This is an ugly workaround for now.

    //wincc



  • If you are still seeing ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

    perhaps read here ... https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-52068


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.