Forum: "Submit" vs. "Ask as Question"

• Qt Champions 2016

@tekojo
    Agreed! I actually believe that "Ask question" is more appropriate for most of the cases. There're few "free" discussions in the forums, more or less there's a question about a problem that'd need answering.

• administrators

And the fix was surprisingly simple. A new option that did not want to be in the default empty setting, but needed the 'all' option to be on.

• Moderators

Looks like the problem is back.

• Moderators

@tekojo @Wieland

Does this also affect the "mark solved" feature?

I have someone asking because he cannot mark his post as solved. I cannot see this either for his post. I have checked for a post of mine, there I cannot see the possibility to mark as solved either.

• administrators

@koahnig @Wieland the option that was there is now gone :(
    Instead it has a "force everything to be a question" option. Should I turn that on?

The topic tools should have the mark as solved option as well as turn into a normal discussion.

• Moderators

@tekojo

I have checked in the testing area. Normal discussion did not show both options. I had to switch to question (whatever the proper term is) and there was the mark solved entry in addition to teh possibility to transform to normal discussion.

• Moderators

Since I am not aware of a similar entry, I have entered a new post addressing the solved marker issue.

I am not sure who sees it there, possibly we can move it to a general forum and mark it for a while as being permanent or whatever the appropriate way is.

@Moderators Please check out and feel free to correct.

• Moderators

@tekojo "force everything to be a question option" sounds good to me.

• administrators

... and everything is a question