Does Qt Charts use OpenQL?

• I made a real-time graph similar to the qmloscilloscope demo that updates at 60fps. It works nicely when small, but if I show it full-screen it noticeably misses frames. The qmloscilloscope demo also skips frames when running full screen.
    Does the QML ChartView use OpenGL for rendering? **

Reading the documentation for QML Oscilloscope, there are tips to improve performance that lead me to believe it is a legacy component that has not been brought up-to-date with the OpenGL support in Qt 5, such as the recommendation to use the startup parameter: -graphicssystem opengl. "graphicssystem" was removed in Qt 5.1, I'm on Qt 5.5.

I'm drawing about 600 line segments -- I would not expect that to be an issue for OpenGL. The performance feels like it is not hardware accelerated. Also, my GPU shows 0% utilization while running qmloscilloscope and my graphing app. All evidence points to software rendering. Perhaps it renders to an OpenGL buffer, but I do not think it is uses OpenGL line drawing operations.

• I got my answer yesterday; the just-released Qt Charts 2.1.0 supports OpenGL, but version 2.0 did not. I re-ran the Oscilloscope demo using the Qt 5.6.0 beta Qt Charts and it is orders of magnitudes faster than before and clearly fast enough for my purposes.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.