Kick start suggestions for Development of editor tool like MS Visio

• Hello friends, I am new to QT development, my task is to develop an editor just like Microsoft Visio where I can create diagrams like circle, ellipse and rectangular shapes. Also i need to connect these shapes using a line which I can call them relation between shapes. Apart from that I also want to drag and drop shapes inside another shape and let say when I drag a circle inside a rectangular shape, the circle should be locked inside the rectangular shape as circle become the child of rectangular shape and I should not be able to move circle out of rectangle, while allowing rectangle to resize. This application should work with touch, like I want to enable pinching and rotating of shapes being drawn on editor. I am developing this for Desktop Linux computer which also has a nice touch screen. I want you guys to share your experience and some kick of open source project with same functionalities mentioned above. Thanks in advance

• Qt Champions 2017

hi and welcome
    could be a starting point?
    or Kivio from kde project.

• @mrjj thanks, I will check this project, Also I forgot to mention I have to develop this specifically in QT widget as half of the work has been done by another guy, so I have carry on until project completion, I will post more details about the project as I will go through the previour work done. But all in all I have to develop a complete editor which support security models specification in the form of GUI and later I will have to export the structure of diagram being created in the form of XML file.

• Qt Champions 2017

also check out Kivio as its a visio clone or very alike.
    Also written in Qt.

with a project of such size,
    the internal data structures are the most important.
    The actual gui and such is the easy part.

Good luck!

• @mrjj said:

Can you please give link to Kivio source code qt project. Thanks

• Qt Champions 2017

@Emysa341 said:

Kivio source code

hi its part of KOffice
    So you must download it all

svn co svn://

• @mrjj said:

there's no direct access to repo ? like github.

• Qt Champions 2017

Not sure KOffice is in there.

Note it seems to be renamed to
    Calligra Flow

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.