From 10:00 CET Friday 22nd November we will adjust how the server works to deal with some recently reported problems. Therefore there may be a load problem, if you experience more problems than usual trying to access the forum then please PM AndyS or any of the moderators so they can inform me.

Qt for STM32F417xx ARM® 32-bit Cortex®-M4 CPU GNU Tools for ARM Embedded Processors (arm-none-eabi-gcc)

• Dear Qt for Embedded Systems developers, researchers, thinkers, support.

I.) Having STM32F417xx ARM® 32-bit Cortex®-M4 CPU based board running FreeRTOS V8.0.0:rc1 and GNU Tools for ARM Embedded Processors (arm-none-eabi-gcc) tool-chain, is it possible to install and utilize Qt 5.5 toolkit/framework of part of it for such embedded system?

The tool-chain and the system already support compilation, linking and run of C++. The build of C/C++ software for such system is done using ( makefile example ):

arm-none-eabi-g++ -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mlittle-endian -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -O0 -fmessage-length=0 -fsigned-char -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-common -Wall -Wlogical-op -Waggregate-return  -g3 -T header.ld -T section_code.ld -T section_data.ld -T trailer_code.ld -T trailer_data.ld -nostartfiles -Xlinker --gc-sections -L"W:\Freelance_projects\EMB\FromClient_\Full_Workspace_27_10_2015\Device\Sources\startup\F4" -L"W:\Freelance_projects\EMB\FromClient_\Full_Workspace_27_10_2015\STM32F4_LIB_Standard\Debug" -L"W:\Freelance_projects\EMB\FromClient_\Full_Workspace_27_10_2015\STM32_USB_Device\Debug" -Wl,-Map,"Device.map" -o "Device.elf" $(OBJS) $(USER_OBJS) $(LIBS)

II.) How to integrate Qt 5.5 or a part of it for such Embedded System ?

III.) Is there already Qt 5.5 version for such embedded system ?

IV.) How to know which particular embedded system will theoretically or practically support Qt 5.5 ?

Looking forward your detailed response.

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

• Qt Champions 2018

If you're already able to build C/C++ applications then you can just try to build Qt (it's a C++ framework written in C++ at the end).

• @jsulm Thanks, you wrote:

If you're already able to build C/C++ applications then you can just try to build Qt (it's a C++ framework written in C++ at the end).

Is it possible to build Qt using this particular arm-none-eabi-g++ (gcc) compiler ? Which Qt version to try exactly ?

• Qt Champions 2018

I don't know whether it is possible (I even do not know which GCC version it is), but you can just try.
    I would use the latest Qt version (5.5.1).

• AFAIK FreeRTOS isn't supported by Qt. look here

• It is impossible.

• Thank you tomasz3dk for most correct and informative answer. To continue the mentioned thread, they say:
    "FreeRTOS doesn't support POSIX, so you would need some kind of wrapper in between."
    As I understand the wrapper is pure software abstraction with utilization of "underlying" hardware, in our case the hardware mentioned are connected LCD - MCU . Has anybody got an idea about such wrapper ?
    Kind Regards.

• Qt Champions 2018

@swhweng Well, you would need to implement the POSIX standard (or at least parts of it) on FreeRTOS. This is, for sure, a very complex task :-)