Remote debugging MSVC

• I need remote debuging from one windows PC to a windows tablet.
    Steps:
    Install the cdb
    copy the qt debuger extension folder to the remote computer and set _NT_DEBUGGER_EXTENSION_PATH to this path.

Then I start
    cdb.exe -server tcp:port=1234 CarDamage.exe
    (for the first test on my developping computer)
    I get the error:
    cdb.exe -server tcp:port=1234 CarDamage.exe

Symbol search path is: *** Invalid ***
    ****************************************************************************
    * Symbol loading may be unreliable without a symbol search path.           *
    * Use .symfix to have the debugger choose a symbol path.                   *
    * After setting your symbol path, use .reload to refresh symbol locations. *
    ****************************************************************************
    (2158.b5c): Unknown exception - code c0000135 (first chance)
    (2158.b5c): Unknown exception - code c0000135 (!!! second chance !!!)
    *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.  Defaulted to export symbols for ntdl
    l.dll -

How can I get the symbols on my remote computer?

• You should deploy your pdb file also. If you don't have on, check "Generate separate debug info" on you project and build it again.

• @Leonardo
    Ok so simple is it.
    Meanwhile I have solved it by copying the whole cache folder and set the -y parameter for cdb.
    I have 2 Projectname.pdb files. One large in the cache folder and one in the debug folder.
    Can you explane how it works and what is the different between these two files ?

• I'm not sure which cache folder are you talking about. Anyway, you should use the one that was in the same folder as your exe.