[solved] Weird Qt behaviour - selecting and deleting code
holzkohlengrill last edited by holzkohlengrill
- When selecting code and press delete nothing happens; just the code is getting unselcted and the last letter is getting deleted.
- When selecting code and typing, say the letter 'k', it appears after the selected code instead of deleting the selection and replace it by 'k'.
- When trying to select text by pressing Shift+Arrow_keys just the cursor moves but no selection.
Sometimes it seems that the cursor appears like a block (like in insert mode and it changes its behaviour when pressing insert, but not at all to what I expect).
- Ctrl+c or Ctrl+v is not working either.
- When using mouse selection and using the arrow keys after I am able to increase/decrease the selection. In this case it seems like that Qt creator changes to a kind of insert-mode.
This is a fresh Qt Creator 3.3 installation (from Software Center) on an Ubuntu 15.04 machine. I installed it (same configuration) on another PC but there I have none of these problems.
I hope you can help me an I am in the right section for my post.
Hi and welcome.
Sounds like you entered the "FakeVim" mode somehow. Go to Tools -> Options -> FakeVim and see if the "Use FakeVim" checkbox is selected. If so - deselect it.
holzkohlengrill last edited by
@Chris-Kawa Thanks, that seemed easier than expected. Maybe I will find out one day why Vim is still existing. ;)
gyll last edited by
that's easy: because some people like it. now you know.
eurekaWin last edited by
@Chris-Kawa Oh my goodness.s. thanks so much.. I was so frustrated with copy and paste, I couldn't use the "shift+ arrow key to select and every time my cursor is changing while block and I have to press the "insert" key to get back to normal cursor. thanks so much .. you saved me ..
IceMichael last edited by
I love to use vim, but I hate that selecting does not work. And usually with all software that supports vim, selecting via shift + move works fine. Can I disable this somehow?
I have not seen any option for fakevim saying "use normal selection" so
i dont think so.