IFW - Windows Registry

• Hi,

Does anyone know how to read/store a value from a Windows Registry key? And if a key has more than one value, how to read a concrete value?

Right now am able to add keys and values to the registry as remove them when uninstalling the application, but can´t store a value. I have been searching for examples without any success. Any help would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi,

there is an example on our wiki: https://wiki.qt.io/Assigning_a_file_type_to_an_Application_on_Windows#How_to_do_it. Search for the function SetHkcrUserRegKey.

Hope this helps!

• Many thanks @Wieland,

but my problem is with the installer script (sorry for not having explained before (-_-)). The application is fine according to the customer feedback.

Am trying to check the existence of previous installations and if so, check which version is installed. For this, I have created a registry entry containing the application path and installed version, but I don´t know how to compare the current installation version with the previously installed one.

Thanks in advance.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.