From 10:00 CET Friday 22nd November we will adjust how the server works to deal with some recently reported problems. Therefore there may be a load problem, if you experience more problems than usual trying to access the forum then please PM AndyS or any of the moderators so they can inform me.

GL accelerated javascript animations with QGraphicsWebView

• Hi all,

I am working on a project that needs to have an HTML5 transparent UI over a 3D rendering using Ogre3D engine.
    My solution was to use a QT 5.4's QGraphicsView with a QGLWidget as viewport to get an OpenGL context and to be able to render 3D things in QGraphicsScene drawBackground() method.
    I have added a transparent QGraphicsWebView in the QGraphicsScene and everything is working fine with a simple HTML5 UI.

I have now tried to use a more complex HTML5 UI that makes a heavy use of javascript for animations.
    But i figured out that when there is a javascript animation running, my CPU use makes a huge peak and return to normal when the animation is terminated.
    I have then tried the same UI in a QGraphicsWebView that has not rendering acceleration, without QGLWidget as viewport, i have not anymore a such huge CPU usage peak.

So does anyone have an idea why there is a such big javascript animation performance difference with and without OpenGL acceleration ?

Regards,
    Harold