is there an easy way to view GUI created in Qt Designer - pyqt via web browser?

• Recently I've developed a control application on BeagleBone (similar to RaspberryPi). I'm controlling it remotely using TCP slot and client application with GUI wrote in Qt designer - pyqt.
    Now I want to do a step forward and replace the TCP slot with web app, so the hardware connected to the BeagleBone will be controlled via browser. It should be a simple app like wireless router configuration.
    My question: is there a simple way to publish QT designer - pyqt application into web? All I want is to have a possibility to make GUI quickly and easly and then access it via www.

• Moderators

Hi, welcome to devnet.

I don't think so, no. PyQt is just a binding to native Qt libraries. There's no way to publish that to web the same there's no way to publish, say, the Notepad. You can of course write a web server in PyQt and serve some html with it, but I don't think that's what you mean.

The closest I know to "Qt on the web" is the Wt project. It has an interface very similar to Qt. They provide bindings to some other languages but not python. There are 3rd party bindings though, e.g. pywt, but I never used that so I'm not in a position to say what state it is in.

• I've already had a look at the Wt, but personally I think that making and editing the GUI using text editors is way to time taking. In my app there's a lot of indicators and parameters so making and aligning it in Wt will take a week ;)
    I think that I'll use GUI forwarding via ssh and maybe in the future there'll be a simpler solution.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.