[SOLVED] QtQuickControls ProgressBarStyle change easily color

• Hi together,

I am just trying to change in an easy and beautiful way the color of a ProgressBar. By the following Code I get the defalt Progress which is quiet beautiful, just the color of the "blue #49d" I would like to change to red:

@
    ProgressBar {
    value: 0.5
    style: ProgressBarStyle {
    id: mystyle
    //progress: ...
    }
    }@

The only solution I figured out, was to completely rewrite the progress property in ProgressBarStyle a la:
    @
    progress: Rectangle {
    color: "red"
    }
    @

But then I would have to rewrite everything; Gradients, Borders, etc.

A solution like:
    @
    progress.progressColor: "red"
    @

would be perfect, as the ProgressBarStyles.qml states it(Line 97/98)
    "ProgressBarStyles.qml":https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtquickcontrols/source/d0eadc7b164d2f00cd19885907d57a4e1aa02d4b:src/styles/Base/ProgressBarStyle.qml Here the snippet:
    @....
    property Component progress: Rectangle {
    property color progressColor: "#49d"
    ....@

But cascaded acess to this property is unfortunately not possible.

Does anyone has an idea how to just change the color of the progressBar without completely rewriting it?

Thanks a lot

SweetyGott

• Moderators

Hi and Welcome,

If I understood correctly, you can just define a property, bind it to progress's Rectangle and then update this property when required.
    Something like this:
    @
    property string myColor: "lightgray"

progress: Rectangle {
    color: myColor
    border.color: "steelblue"
    }

//To change it for eg:

Button{
    onClicked: myColor = "red"
    }
    @

• Thanks for the quick response,

But unfortunately you did not understand me correctly.
    The Way you did it, I know. But I want to use the design of the default QtProgressBar and just change the color without writing everything new.
    (clear, less lines of code, etc..;-) )
    As the default Rectangle of ProgressBarStyle.qml in property "progress" has the property "progressColor" I would like to access it somehow

But I am afraid it is not possible, is it?

• Moderators

Right, that is not possible. Since if you donot provide ProgressBarStyle it will use the platform dependent default style and I think modifying it is not possible currently.

• I was afraid that it is so. Thanks a lot for the confirmation :-)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.