Installing Qt on Linux CentOS 5.4 or 5.5
I am not able to install Qt SDK 1.1 beta on my Linux CentOS 5.5.It says it does not have the required GLIB..below is the message i was informed
[root@localhost mnt]# ./Qt_SDK_Lin64_offline_v1_1_beta_en.run
./Qt_SDK_Lin64_offline_v1_1_beta_en.run: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by ./Qt_SDK_Lin64_offline_v1_1_beta_en.run)..
where can I get that GLIBCXX_3.4.9 and how to install it ?? can somebody shed light on this ??
Which version is your gcc?
gcc is 4.1.2..
Same here on RHEL5.2. It's a documented bug, and the link is... this one (http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-16383 ). Reason for that behavior is found here (i think) (http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTSDK-381 ).
As i'm working day & night with Qt, what I did was:
- download "qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.2.tar.gz"
- follow instructions on compiling and installing (README or INSTALL file)
- download "qt-creator-2.1.0-src.zip"
- follow instructions on compiling and installing (README file)
- continue working with the new version of qt creator
Lenghty process, though... About 3h on a Q9400+QuadroFX5500+etc.
EDIT: correcting links
thanks a million..lemme try this
kindly also lemme know if any extra settings are required..
Mmm... I think CentOS (or RHEL) ISO or DVD is to be kept close at all times. I have the RHEL one in ISO format right in the Desktop...
- I don't recall installing anything but the two Qt packages mentioned. I don't know if any of the packages I have installed is also required.
- There were no extra settings needed, just "./configure", "./make" and "./make install" for Qt 4.7.2 and "./qmake ../qtcreator.pro" and "make" for Qt Creator), although this depends on your specific system, project, other libraries used...
Will keep reading! :)
PS: the files are INSTALL for Qt 4.7.2 and README for Qt Creator 2.1.0
PPS: i don't recommend trying Qt Creator 2.2.0 as I couldn't compile it successfully...
Thanks a lot...I will install it and get back to you for giving many more thanks :-)