Enable CORS support in Qt + Webkit based application on Windows.

• Hello Everyone,

I got CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing) working with Qt 4.7.1 + webkit on server side with appropriate headers as per CORS spec. Essentially, I have need to submit login form HTTP POST to different origin (though same domain) which in turn issues HTTP 302 GET Redirect. I setup my XHR request such that

1. It is synchronous call instead of async.
    2. WithCredentials flag is set to true
    3. Allow-Access-Control-Origin is set up in Apache to the allow the source origin
    4. I have allowed various headers and credentials from Apache server side.

While pre-flight request OPTIONS and POST seems to be successful, the webkit's XHR issues status = 0 (error).

Question:
    Since webkit issues this error, I am wondering if I can enable any settings in Qt so that cross origin is supported inherently without us needing to do steps above. Our application is in a way sand-boxed such that we go to specific domain. It is not open browsing.

If there is no setting like that, workaround is ugly. We have to catch status = 0 and readyState = 4 statuses and consider that XHR is successful and move on to rest of business logic.

Any help would be appreciated.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.