Use of Variable or Constant

• Hi guys,

I wanted to know use of variables or constants not to directly use "mDir.AllDirs" and "mDir.count()" within qDebug as what is in the code below.

I mean to put "mDir.AllDirs" and "mDir.count()" in different variables, then I may use them through qDebug.

@
    QDir mDir("C:/Windows/System32");

foreach(QFileInfo mitm, mDir.entryList())
    {
        qDebug() << mitm.absoluteFilePath();
    }

qDebug () <<"\nNumber of directories :" <<mDir.AllDirs <<"items";

qDebug () <<"\nNumber of files :" <<mDir.count() <<"items";

@

• Moderators

AllDirs is "an enum value in QDir":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qdir.html#Filter-enum. It is not an access function or anything.

If you want to display all dirs inside a certain QDir, you need to iterate over QDir::entryList() or QDir::entryInfoList(), combined with a filter. Please see the documentation.

• thanks.

if I understand you, you meant there's no other way to do,
    and it always must be like I did in the above code?

• Moderators

There are always numerous ways to achieve a goal. I do not really understand what you are trying to do in your code, so I can't answer that question.

• I wanted a code like this :

@QMyVariable FirstVariable = mDir.count();

QMyVariable SecondVariable = mDir.AllDirs;

foreach(QFileInfo mitm, mDir.entryList())
    {
        qDebug() << mitm.absoluteFilePath();
    }

qDebug () <<"\nNumber of directories :" <<FirstVariable <<"items";

qDebug () <<"\nNumber of files :" <<SecondVariable <<"items";

@

• Moderators

Mate, posting the same (wrong) code again does not help me understand your problem. So, I will be guessing what you mean.

You want to print all files and directories in a folder, and then count them separately. Correct? This should work:

@
    qDebug() << mDir.entryList(QDir::Dirs | QDir::Files | QDir:NoDotAndDotDot);
    qDebug() << "Number of directories:" << mDir.entryList(QDir::Dirs).count();
    qDebug() << "Number of files:" << mDir.entryList(QDir::Files).count();
    @

• okay, let me be explicit.

The first code I posted on my first post is working GREAT, without any problem, you may also test it from your PC if you want; and my concern is not there !

I might also use it as it's working fine, [ it doesn't a matter ] but I just want to use variable/constant in that code precisely in qDebug while displaying instead of directly using these enum value, like you called them.

I'm going to reformulate my question :

In accordance with the code that is on my first post, I need the result of "mDir.AllDirs" & "mDir.count()" to be saved in variables before displaying them through qDebug, and after using these variables through qDebug.

• Moderators

@
    QDir::Filter myValue1 = mDir.AllDirs;
    int myValue2 = mDir.count();
    @

But I want to point it out again: AllDir value is an enum. It will not change to anything else, regardless of what you do to mDir variable. You can use QDir::AllDirs and it will have exactly the same effect, without the need to define an object (mDir).

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.