QtEntity, a component entity system for Qt. With widgets for displaying and editing components and their properties.
QtEntity is an implementation of a component entity system. Features:
- Components can be efficiently stored in linear memory.
- Component properties can be shown in a Qt property browser.
- Editor is configurable to show specific editors, for example a color picker for editing a color property.
- Properties can be lists of things.
- Not tied to a specific render engine or game engine.
- Examples for binding to OSG and QtQuick
Pretty interesting! I will have a look into this.
I've done one entity system myself using C++11 features (like variadic templates) and QObject as base classes to enable signaling. It's really not optimized. Maybe I upload it in this forums too :P