[SOLVED] QQmlComponent: Component is not ready

• Okay, clearly this means the component is still loading but I don't understand how it not instant:
    @objectContext->setContextProperty("petStage", stageNode);
    component->loadUrl(QUrl::fromLocalFile("Scripts/" + (QString)stageNode->GetTeam(turnIndex)->GetPet(i)->GetAura(j)->GetAuraId() + ".qml"));
    object = component->create(objectContext);
    //Call ApplyAuraStart; paramters are TeamNumber, PetNumber, AuraIndex and AuraDuration.
    QMetaObject::invokeMethod(object, "applyAuraStart", Q_ARG(QVariant, turnIndex), Q_ARG(QVariant, i), Q_ARG(QVariant, j), Q_ARG(QVariant, stageNode->GetTeam(turnIndex)->GetPet(i)->GetAura(j)->GetDuration()));@

It's all done locally, in fact if I randomly create the QQmlContext, QQmlComponent, QObject in any class to open up a specific file, it works. Somehow when I started trying to open it in a for loop it fails. Calling invokeMethod seems to respond with the component not having loaded.

At this point, I do not have an alternative but to make this work, I just need to figure out how to wait until the component is ready.

Solution: Casting an int to a QString does NOT work QString::number(int) does.

• You have to use component's signal that notify to you when creation status has changed.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.