Qt 5.1 Qt Quick 2 UI with Controls

• I am still new to QT.

Today I download QT 5.1 RC1 to explore the new Desktop Controls.

There is a "Qt Quick 2 UI with Controls" project template. I use that and it is only one qml files there. My question is that for this type of project, could I add C++ file to it? All other templates, I cannot use new Desktop controls. Anything I did wrong?

I would still like to have both Qt and C++ work together. But I like to use the new Desktop controls.

Thanks,

• Moderators

Use "Qt Quick 2 application" template. As long as you use Qt 5.1 to build the project, Controls will be available to you.

Using C++ with QML is always possible.

• Thank you for the reply.

But could you be more specific? What do you mean use Qt 5.1 to build the project? I download the Qt5.1 RC1 and use the Qt Quick 2Application template. Compiler is mingw32. I look at the Project setting (under Build & Run). I could not find a setting which specify to use Qt 5.1 to build. I could see if there is a setting for 5.1 library. How do I setup to use Qt 5.1 to build?

Thanks.

• Moderators

So you are all set up good. It should work. Just include QtQuick.Controls 1.0 in your QML code.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.