Qt Multimedia 5 - Video codecs (ffmpeg) - possible?

• Hello

I'm trying to display different multimedia formats inside my applicaiton. I chose qml because it provides me with some fancy icandy i can easaly sell to my chef.

Since Qt uses gstreamer i assumed that i can play all the video formats i have the codecs installed for. And also i assumed since totem (which uses gstreamer) can play them, there wont be any problems. I was wrong.

Since i cant tell exactly which codec don't work, i look for a solution for just one of them. One file i can play with mplayer which uses ffmpeg codec to decode. Gstreamer support is installed for this.

Is there a general solution? Do i have to "load" gstreamer somehow? Add it to the pro file or whatever?

Is there another way?

I have a simple qml video tag wight source set to the file. Nothing more.

• Hi!
    Maybe "this":http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/27077/ thread can be helpful for you.

• I found that this does not work:
    gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=file:///home/sfuser/projects/qt_prototyping/videoPlayer/videoPlayer/media/SFclip2.mpg

...while this does:
    gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///home/sfuser/projects/qt_prototyping/videoPlayer/videoPlayer/media/SFclip2.mpg

So yea. Qt5 uses gstreamer0.10 which is not able to play my file.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.