From 10:00 CET Friday 22nd November we will adjust how the server works to deal with some recently reported problems. Therefore there may be a load problem, if you experience more problems than usual trying to access the forum then please PM AndyS or any of the moderators so they can inform me.

Refusing to initialize GTK+

• I have one non qt native app, which launches my Qt app using QProcess:;startDetached()
    My Qt application uses QWebKit to open websites which has flash.
    When I am running it I am getting the error as

Gtk-WARNING **: This process is currently running setuid or setgid.
    This is not supported use of GTK+. you must create a helper program instead.

Refusing to initialize GTK+
    X11 EVENT : client_get_leds()

My platform is Open Suse 11.2SP2 , Qt 4.6.3

• Moderators

So are you running a suid/sgid binary? Are you using the gtk styling (that is the only reason why Qt should use gtk)? Pass "-style cleanlooks" to your application and see whether that works.

Independent of whether you can make this work: It is a bad idea to run graphical applications with setuid or setgid. It matters little whether those are written using Qt or GTK. Do what GTK suggests: Write a helper application instead and call that for the privileged actions.

• Hi ,

glad to see some suggestions. Actually what do you mean by running suid/sgid binary????
    I just created a simple QApplication which merely display a QWebView dialog to open some websites.
    I am very new to the Linux world. Would you please explain it little more about how should I run my app.

Additionally I explicitly did not set any QGtkstyling, I just created a QWebView object and I am using it, That's all.

Do I need to give command line argument to my Qt app as "-style cleanlooks"????????