QT 5.0.0 Static Build Fail

• Hello All,

I'm completely new to QT, trying to build it from source so I can configure it for static build in Windows 7. I have tried to do it several times. It goes on for quite awhile, then fails. I tried to figure it out on my own, and have looked around on the forums but can't find anyone that has experienced something similar so I am throwing down the towel and asking for help. I'm following the instructions included exactly. As follows:

• Quits after an hour:

@qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0/qtbase/lib/libQt5OpenGLd.a(qgl.o):C:\qt-everywhere-opensource-
    src-5.0.0\qtbase\src\opengl/qgl.cpp:1636: first defined here
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    mingw32-make[6]: *** [debug\composition.exe] Error 1
    mingw32-make[6]: Leaving directory C:/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0/qtbase/examples/widgets/pa inting/composition' mingw32-make[5]: *** [debug] Error 2 mingw32-make[5]: Leaving directoryC:/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0/qtbase/examples/widgets/pa
    inting/composition'
    mingw32-make[4]: *** [sub-composition-make_first] Error 2
    mingw32-make[4]: Leaving directory C:/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0/qtbase/examples/widgets/pa inting' mingw32-make[3]: *** [sub-painting-make_first] Error 2 mingw32-make[3]: Leaving directoryC:/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0/qtbase/examples/widgets'
    mingw32-make[2]: *** [sub-widgets-make_first] Error 2
    mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory C:/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0/qtbase/examples' mingw32-make[1]: *** [sub-examples-make_first] Error 2 mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directoryC:/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0/qtbase'
    mingw32-make: *** [module-qtbase-make_first] Error 2

C:\qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0>
    @

• have perl and python in path. using mingw.

Sorry about the mess above - the forum won't let me post my configuration string for some reason.

Thanks.

• Update:

I had partial success going the git route, and not compiling the examples

However. Assistant, linguist and Designer compiled - but not Creator. Do I have to compile Creator 2.6.1 separately?

Can anyone help?

• Moderators

Yes. Qt Creator is a separate package. Why do you compile tools when in static? Does it even work?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.