[SOLVED]How to remove a layout from a QWidget?

• Hello.. I am trying to remove a layout from a qwidget and set a new layout... Tried with
    @widget->layout()->deleteLater();@

and with

@delete widget->layout();@

but none of them worked.

Thank you in advance.

Qt 4.8.4 MSVC2008

L.E. I did not copy and paste the code... I wrote it here in a hurry that is why I didn't have the layout()... In the code it is with ()... My mistake

• Delete all widgets and child layouts owned by the layout before deleting it.

• hmm well... I cannot do that... Because I need most of the items inside that layout... It basically changes 3 widgets... I'm thinking of trying with QStackedLayout but i would like to know if there is another way of doing this...

• Moderators

[quote author="b1gsnak3" date="1357636052"]
    @widget->layout->deleteLater();@
    [/quote]I believe you need to call the layout() function using parentheses:

widget->layout () ->deleteLater();

• Ok this is starting to get annoying... I used a qstackedlayout, however it gives me a layout only for the last item in the stack... I do not know why... Is it because I use the same objects in each widget?

• Moderators

[quote author="b1gsnak3" date="1357657479"]Is it because I use the same objects in each widget?[/quote]You can't share a widget between different layouts/widgets. If you add a widget to one layout, then add it to another layout, it will be removed from the first layout.

So, to expand on leon.anavi's answer: Try moving your widgets to a new layout, delete the old layout, then apply the new layout to the parent widget.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.