[Resolved] QSqlDatabase how to use Pointer?

• I trying to use Singleton Pattern on this Class (QSqlDatabase) and I could not to that.
    I make this code, and the compiler gives me an error:

@
    static QSqlDatabase* getDatabase()
    {
    if (database == 0)
    {
    database = QSqlDatabase::addDatabase("QSQLITE");
    database.setDatabaseName( QDir::homePath() + QDir::separator() + "inoveDB.db3");
    }
    return database;
    }
    @

Error:

@
    .../InoveBEV/mainwindow.cpp:14: In file included from ../InoveBEV/mainwindow.cpp:14:0:
    .../InoveBEV/singletonsession.h:-1: In static member function 'static QSqlDatabase* SingletonSession::getDatabase()':
    .../InoveBEV/singletonsession.h:40: error: cannot convert 'QSqlDatabase' to 'QSqlDatabase*' in assignment
    .../InoveBEV/singletonsession.h:41: error: request for member 'setDatabaseName' in 'SingletonSession::database', which is of non-class type 'QSqlDatabase*'
    @

How can I make a singleton to QOSqlDataBase?!
    I will look for examples and other stuff to help me fix this. Thanks;...

• Take a look to "QSqlDatabase":http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/qsqldatabase.html#addDatabase
    This function return an object no pointer.

• Your member will have to be of type <code>QSqlDatabase</code>, not <code>QSqlDatabase*</code>; use <code>database.isValid()</code> instead of <code>database == 0</code> and <code>return &database</code> instead of <code>return database</code> then.

QSqlDatabase can be generally used as value-type as well.

Another option is to use <code>database = new QSqlDatabase(QSqlDatabase::addDatabase("QSQLITE"))</code>, but you will have to make sure you manually delete your object.

Do not take the address of a temporary created in <code>getDatabase()</code> and store it in <code>database</code>. This won't work.

• There is simply no need to create something like a singleton or a global QSqlDatabase. QSqlDatabase already provides the needed functionality for you, as you can create an instance (really cheaply) based on just a name you pass in when creating it. Look at the static member functions of QSqlDatabase.

• I make some changes on my Singleton and make this:

@
    static QSqlDatabase getDatabase()
    {
    QSqlDatabase database = QSqlDatabase::addDatabase("QSQLITE");
    database.setDatabaseName( QDir::homePath() + QDir::separator() + "inoveDB.db3");
    return database;
    }
    @

QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'qt_sql_default_connection' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
    QSqlDatabasePrivate::addDatabase: duplicate connection name 'qt_sql_default_connection', old connection removed.

• have a look at "this":http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/18722/:
    and "this":http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/18604/. The last one is already your own thread. Why do you start over again?

• I think I fix my problem using this code:

@
    static QSqlDatabase getDatabase()
    {
    QSqlDatabase database = QSqlDatabase::database(getConnectionName());
    if (! database.isValid())
    {
    database = QSqlDatabase::addDatabase("QSQLITE", getConnectionName());
    database.setDatabaseName( getDataBaseName() );
    }
    return database;
    }
    static QString getDataBaseName()
    {
    return QDir::homePath() + QDir::separator() + "inoveDB_SAT.db3";
    }
    static QString getConnectionName()
    {
    return "inoveBEV_SAT";
    }
    @

What do you guys think about this code?
    For me appears to works fine!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.