Qt Debug-Hacking Marathon week?

• Hi devs, I am just looking at JIRA and I see 5200 opened bugs, newly 3400 reported and about 230 in progress there. Many of them may be outdated, easy to fix... I am really not happy to see these more than 8000 potential bugs there..

I know and I understand that maintainters and approvers are quite busy and they have their own work to do, not every module has a maintainer, that's true, but the most of them has. Yes, everybody can commit their solutions to approver to check his bug fix, but a lot of them don't know how, where and also people are lazy (devs are even more lazier :D)

So here is my proposal to create an event - a week (it really doesn't have to be a week) full of debugging and hacking the SDK sources, looking for JIRA and debug what is possible, stop developing new stuff for a week, and just debug the old ones. It doesn't have to be now, but let's say, after release of Qt 5.0, or just (after/before) next release...

What do you think about that? It would be successful or not? Please, start discussion about my crazy idea...:) ...

• Moderators

Good idea, but next week is a bit unfortunate: Many trolls, approvers and maintainers will be at the contributor summit in berlin (wed to sat IIRC). Quite a few will be traveling in, so I would not expect many devs to be reviewing patches next week.

• I didn't set up a date of this event. It's depends on you, how you will arrange the event...

• Moderators

I think it would be good to notify Quim about it, he can market it well :) Also, an announcement on development and interest ML would be good. I'm happy to help in bugfixing, too, even though it would take me a while to get into the sources.

• Yes, I agree with sierdzio, exploration of the current sources will take a little bit time and effort to understand what's going on "behind scenes"...

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.