Password validation for multilanguages

• Hi,

I am developing bootup screen in an application which is multilanguage application & it uses following languages:
    Korean,Norwegian,Polish,Portuguese,Russian,Spanish,Swedish,
    french,german,italian,Turkish,danish,dutch,greek,hungarian,finnish,czech.

Application uses Windows 7 as OS & it uses Visual Studio 2008 editor & VC++ as presentation layer.
    The boot up screen is having password field. On entry of password: validation of password happens & on entry of correct password: user is able to see main window.
    Here I am able to validate password for English language.[considering alphanumeric characters & special characters in password].
    I do not have idea like how to carry password validation and also what characters to consider for password validation for non-English languages.
    Please help.

regards,
    shankarraj

[[Merged the two identical posts, Tobias]]

• Moderators

Please do not post the same issue in several threads. I took the liberty of merging them.

Considering that this is a really standard situation I put the merged thread under "General and Desktop", since you definitely do not need a C++ guru for this;-)

I would use unicode categories (see QChar::category()) to decide which characters to allow.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.