Creating hierarchy of custom widgets

• I'm trying to create a base class for a widget, then create 2 or 3 subclassed widgets descending from the base class. I'm using Creator's built-in wizard for creating a plugin project for both the base class and the subclass. I can easily build both, but the subclass doesn't appear in Designer, just the base class. When I go to Tools->Form Editor->About Qt Designer Plugins I see this error:

Cannot load library /usr/share/qt4/plugins/designer/librdftempprobemonitorplugin.so: (/usr/share/qt4/plugins/designer/librdftempprobemonitorplugin.so: undefined symbol: _ZTI16RDFTempProbeBase)

RDFTempProbeBase is my base class, and RDFTempProbeMonitor is my subclass descended from RDFTempProbeBase.

I've done a fair amount of research but have been unable to figure out how to resolve this. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Rich

• It figures...I finally ask for help and then figure it out an hour later. If I add the header and source files for the base class to the subclass project, then the subclass shows up in designer.

Rich

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.