Qvfb build problem... from a newbie

• Hi All,

I'm new to QT and I and try to setup a development environment for developing for an embedded platform. Firstly though I want to setup my system for using the Virtual Framebuffer, qvfb.

My system is Ubuntu 11.10 64bit build.

I have downloaded SDK 4.8.0 and first have built for my x11 platform, as suggested on the installation instructions...
    ./configure
    make
    sudo make install
    PATH=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.0/bin;$PATH

I've then performed the following to try and build the QVFB version
    make confclean
    ./configure -qvfb
    make

all seems well at this point.....
    Now I move into tools/qvfb and try and make the qvfb application and it fails!
    Snapshot below
    g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_QWS_SIGNALHANDLER -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_HAVE_SSE3 -DQT_HAVE_SSSE3 -DQT_HAVE_SSE4_1 -DQT_HAVE_SSE4_2 -DQT_HAVE_AVX -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DQT_SHARED -I../../mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I../../include/QtCore -I../../include/QtGui -I../../include -I../../src/gui/embedded -I../shared/deviceskin -I../../src/3rdparty/libpng -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.uic/release-shared -I.moc/release-shared -o .obj/release-shared/qanimationwriter.o qanimationwriter.cpp
    qanimationwriter.cpp:73:5: error: ‘png_structp’ does not name a type
    qanimationwriter.cpp:74:5: error: ‘png_infop’ does not name a type
    qanimationwriter.cpp:106:24: error: ‘png_structp’ has not been declared
    qanimationwriter.cpp:106:45: error: ‘png_bytep’ has not been declared
    qanimationwriter.cpp:106:61: error: ‘png_size_t’ has not been declared
    qanimationwriter.cpp: In member function ‘void QAnimationWriterMNG::begin_png()’:
    qanimationwriter.cpp:95:9: error: ‘png_ptr’ was not declared in this scope
    qanimationwriter.cpp:95:43: error: ‘PNG_LIBPNG_VER_STRING’ was not declared in this scope

Any ideas what I am doing wrong!

Thanks in advance!!!!

• Hi

in order to build qvfb, just configure, compile and install qt for X11 as usually

then update your PATH variable, cd to tools/qvfb under the same qt sources and run

qmake;
    make;

thanks all...

Giampaolo

• Hi Giampaolo,

Yeah, that's exactly what I did but get the build problem with libpng? I've tried on three machines with the same results...
    Not sure what I'm missing?

Thanks

Richard

• Hello Richard...

can you report the error ?
    maybe you are just missing the development version of the package

Giampaolo

• Hi Giampaolo,

Sorry for the stupid question.. but how do I report this problem :-)

• Richard

• Hi Richard

why not just copy-and-paste the build error here ?

am I missing something ?

Giampaolo

• Giampaolo,

I see... yes the build error was in the first posting... I'll cut and paste again....

g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_QWS_SIGNALHANDLER -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_HAVE_SSE3 -DQT_HAVE_SSSE3 -DQT_HAVE_SSE4_1 -DQT_HAVE_SSE4_2 -DQT_HAVE_AVX -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DQT_SHARED -I../../mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I../../include/QtCore -I../../include/QtGui -I../../include -I../../src/gui/embedded -I../shared/deviceskin -I../../src/3rdparty/libpng -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.uic/release-shared -I.moc/release-shared -o .obj/release-shared/qanimationwriter.o qanimationwriter.cpp
    qanimationwriter.cpp:73:5: error: ‘png_structp’ does not name a type
    qanimationwriter.cpp:74:5: error: ‘png_infop’ does not name a type
    qanimationwriter.cpp:106:24: error: ‘png_structp’ has not been declared
    qanimationwriter.cpp:106:45: error: ‘png_bytep’ has not been declared
    qanimationwriter.cpp:106:61: error: ‘png_size_t’ has not been declared
    qanimationwriter.cpp: In member function ‘void QAnimationWriterMNG::begin_png()’:
    qanimationwriter.cpp:95:9: error: ‘png_ptr’ was not declared in this scope
    qanimationwriter.cpp:95:43: error: ‘PNG_LIBPNG_VER_STRING’ was not declared in this scope

Cheers

Richard

• Oh! sorry!

as I remember I had succesfully compiled the qvfb in the past years, I'm going to try again...

actually with qt-4.8.0 and qt-4.8.1 I have another error:

x11keyfaker.cpp:48: fatal error: X11/extensions/XTest.h: File o directory non esistente

I'll try again asap on another (older) machine

Giampaolo

• Hello Richard

after resolving the libxtst dependency (apt-get install libxtst-dev), I succesfully compiled qvfb on qt 4.7.4

on the same machine, with 4.8.0 and 4.8.1 I have another problem:

.obj/release-shared/qlock.o: In function QLock::isValid() const': qlock.cpp:(.text+0x0): multiple definition ofQLock::isValid() const'

my libpng is libpng12-dev (1.2.44-1ubuntu0.3), distro is KUbuntu 10.10

Best Regards

Giampaolo

• Hi Giampaolo,

Can you send me the ./configure parameters you use to build 4.8.0 QVFB?

Yeah I also saw this, it's because qlock. references in the make file are include twice???? This seems very strange? Is 4.8.x an officially tested release..

• Richard

• Hello Richard

yes... it's strange...

on X11 normally I pass no switch to configure... I just gave a

./configure; make; make install

I wonder also why qvfb is not built automatically with other tools...

Giampaolo

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.