[Solved]Compiling Qt Designer

• Hi,

I have downloaded Qt Designer (Qt tools) from this link -> https://gitorious.org/qt-tools/qt-tools/archive-tarball/master

I am interested in the implementation details of designer. To study the code, I would like to build it.

I have loaded the project in Qt Creator directly. When try building it it throws a lot of error. Is this the right way of building Designer. Also I have visual studio add-in of Qt for VS 2010. I have created a new Qt project and loaded all the files related to Qt Designer. But when try compiling it, get a lot of errors like this

"fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'QtWidgets/QGroupBox': No such file or directory"

I am using Visual Studio 2010 premium in Windows 7, Qt 4.8.7

Whats the best way to compile Qt Designer?

Thanks,
    Lloyd

• You trying to build the (future) Qt5 Qt Creator against 4.8. Try looking at the source code of Creator 2.4.1 here: http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-creator

• Thanks miroslav,

I have downloaded Qtcreator as you have suggested. Now again I have loaded the project in QtCreator, tried to build. It gave me the following error....

jom 1.0.6 - empower your cores

Error: dependent '........\Qt' does not exist.
    command failed with exit code 2
    20:13:13: The process "C:\DevelLibs\QtSDK\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe" exited with code 2.
    Error while building project qtcreator (target: Desktop)
    When executing build step 'Make'

What could be the reason? Is it possible to get the code of Designer alone for compilation as a standalone application not as a plugin? As I am more interested in its "professional style implementation details"...

Thanks,
    Lloyd

• To solve this I have done the following.

Downloaded Qt 4.8.1 SDK src and built as per the instrcutions like
    *) configure
    *) nmake /jom
    then went to SDK srcs tools directory and opened the "designer.sln" file and built it.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.