[Solved] Extension plugin

• I just tried to run the "chapter6-plugins" and the "plugins" declarative examples.

I could build both of them, now I've got the dll, exp, lib and pdb files in com/nokia/TimeExample and the lib folders.
    I haven't changed the C++ or QML code of the examples.

When I try to run the chapter6-plugins example, I get the error:
    @
    file:///C:/Qt/Qt-4.8/examples/declarative/tutorials/extending/chapter6-plugins/app.qml:45:5: PieChart is not a type
    PieChart {
    ^
    @
    and for the plugins example:
    @
    file:///C:/Qt/Qt-4.8/examples/declarative/cppextensions/plugins/plugins.qml:41:1: module "com.nokia.TimeExample" is not installed
    import com.nokia.TimeExample 1.0 // import types from the plugin
    ^
    @

I have created a vcproj file, so I built everything in Visual Studio and I opened the qmlproject file in Qt Creator.

Can someone tell me what I've done wrong?

• It sounds like Qt Creator isn't finding the plugin library. If you are running qmlviewer you can pass the import path with the -I option to give it the current directory:

qmlviewer -I . plugins.qml

Otherwise from Qt Creator you could set the QML_IMPORT_PATH environment variable. (From C++ apps you can also set it using QDeclarativeEngine::setImportPathList().)

• Thank you, I thought that the current directory is included in the import path. That was exactly my problem!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.