Access violation when using QWebView (Qt 4.8.0)

  • Hi.
    I've built Qt in Visual Studio 2008 SP1 with compile option /Zc:wchar_t.
    After calling setUrl method in debug configuration there comes an access violation error
    I've created a blank test qt application project with single component (QWebView).
    setUrl method is called from Ui_bugTestClass::setupUi function in the generated file ui_bugTest.h

    In release configuration QWebView is also working fine.
    The same project with qt 4.7.4 is also working fine.

    What am I doing wrong?

    call stack:
    QtWebKitd4.dll!WebCore::FrameLoader::init() + 0xe4 bytes C++
    QtWebKitd4.dll!WebCore::Frame::init() + 0x12 bytes C++
    QtWebKitd4.dll!QWebFramePrivate::init() + 0x71 bytes C++
    QtWebKitd4.dll!QWebFrame::QWebFrame() + 0xc8 bytes C++
    QtWebKitd4.dll!QWebPagePrivate::createMainFrame() + 0x95 bytes C++
    QtWebKitd4.dll!QWebPage::mainFrame() + 0x12 bytes C++
    QtWebKitd4.dll!QWebPage::setViewportSize() + 0x25 bytes C++
    QtWebKitd4.dll!QWebPage::setView() + 0x7c bytes C++
    QtWebKitd4.dll!QWebPage::QWebPage() + 0x95 bytes C++
    QtWebKitd4.dll!QWebView::page() + 0x56 bytes C++
    *>QtWebKitd4.dll!QWebView::setUrl() + 0x13 bytes C++
    bugTest.exe!Ui_bugTestClass::setupUi(QMainWindow * bugTestClass=0x0012feb0) Line 46 + 0x69 bytes C++
    bugTest.exe!bugTest::bugTest(QWidget * parent=0x00000000, QFlags<enum Qt::WindowType> flags={...}) Line 7 C++
    bugTest.exe!main(int argc=1, char * * argv=0x02028050) Line 7 + 0x17 bytes C++
    bugTest.exe!WinMain(HINSTANCE__ * instance=0x00400000, HINSTANCE__ * prevInstance=0x00000000, char * __formal=0x00151f1f, int cmdShow=1) Line 131 + 0x12 bytes C++
    bugTest.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() Line 578 + 0x35 bytes C
    bugTest.exe!WinMainCRTStartup() Line 403 C
    kernel32.dll!RegisterWaitForInputIdle() + 0x49 bytes
    [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for kernel32.dll]

  • Try confirm if all dependencies are ok.

    "Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded"


  • I've checked, the dependencies are ok
    If any dependence is wrong, the application will start with dll loading error
    “Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded” - Visual Studio could not load the debug symbols, the dependencies dont come in

  • It seems that this is a bug!!!

  • If so, please file a "bug report": and don't forget to link it here.

  • Sorry, it was an unsuccessful build.
    Full rebuild works well.

    Topic is closed.

Log in to reply

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.