[Solved] unresolved external errors: QX11Info

• i'm trying to compile an Ogre/Qt application following the tutorial on the Ogre wiki and i get these linkler errors:

@1>OgreRenderer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall QX11Info::~QX11Info(void)" (_imp??1QX11Info@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "protected: virtual void __thiscall CJokeRendererOpenGL::initializeGL(void)" (?initializeGL@CJokeRendererOpenGL@@MAEXXZ)
    1>OgreRenderer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: int __thiscall QX11Info::screen(void)const " (_imp?screen@QX11Info@@QBEHXZ) referenced in function "protected: virtual void __thiscall CJokeRendererOpenGL::initializeGL(void)" (?initializeGL@CJokeRendererOpenGL@@MAEXXZ)
    1>OgreRenderer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static struct _XDisplay * __cdecl QX11Info::display(void)" (_imp?display@QX11Info@@SAPAU_XDisplay@@XZ) referenced in function "protected: virtual void __thiscall CJokeRendererOpenGL::initializeGL(void)" (?initializeGL@CJokeRendererOpenGL@@MAEXXZ)
    1>OgreRenderer.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall QX11Info::QX11Info(void)" (_imp??0QX11Info@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "protected: virtual void __thiscall CJokeRendererOpenGL::initializeGL(void)" (?initializeGL@CJokeRendererOpenGL@@MAEXXZ)
    1>G:\Users\Eggman\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\The_Joke_Editor\Debug\The_Joke_Editor.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals@

which lib do i have to link to get this to work?

• It looks like the xorg's devel package that contains X's headers is not installed on your computer.

• The error messages look like this is on Windows? In which case it would be odd to have QX11Info in there. Which platform are you building on?

• windows 7 and the tutorial for Ogre had that so i assumed it needed to be added

• Have you installed "Microsoft Visual C++ Dependencies Package" and have you read the corresponding thread "here":http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54533 ?

• no, and no but i am doing that niw

• but isn't QX11Info part of Qt4?

• [quote author="ProgrammerAtHeart3344" date="1286990662"]but isn't QX11Info part of Qt4?[/quote]

It is, but this is the part that depends on Xorg, which is separate from Qt.

• Oh, i fixed it, LOL i just used the win32 version of it, also......io can't get the GL widget to re-size, lol, fix one thing......Oh well, might just have to use another widget

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.