Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

qt vs tools, executable directories not work

• e.g. the project depends on a.dll

set it:

1. In project property / VC++ Directories / Executable Directories, add directory path of a.dll
    2. In project property / Debugging / Environment, add $(ExecutablePath). In the environment Evaluated value, I can see the directories are there and right.

I'm sure the method works for my non Qt project.

• @jronald
    Maybe the DLL(s) have further dependent DLLs which are still not on path? Use a dependency walker on them? Compare your added directories to exactly whatever VS would have, if you can do that?

• @JonB said in qt vs tools, executable directories not work:

@jronald
    Maybe the DLL(s) have further dependent DLLs which are still not on path?

No, if the same directory paths are added in system environment, it runs. And it's a project I'm migrating from wxWidgets, I'm sure the paths are enough.

• @JonB

By default, i.e. add PATH=$(ExecutablePath), it doesn't work, the result is as below:

PATH=$(ExecutablePath)$(LocalDebuggerEnvironment)

whichs is equivalant to:

PATH=$(ExecutablePath)
    PATH=%PATH%;$(QtDllPath)

The one below works, the key point is not check Inherit from parent or project defaults.

PATH=$(ExecutablePath)$(QtDllPath)

• @JonB

By default, i.e. add PATH=$(ExecutablePath), it doesn't work, the result is as below:

PATH=$(ExecutablePath)$(LocalDebuggerEnvironment)

whichs is equivalant to:

PATH=$(ExecutablePath)
    PATH=%PATH%;$(QtDllPath)

The one below works, the key point is not to check Inherit from parent or project defaults.

PATH=$(ExecutablePath)$(QtDllPath)

BTW, where to report the bug?