Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

How to align a checkbox added in column of a QTAbleView using QItemDelegate

• Hi All,

Thanks in advance for the help. Is there any way to fix the alignment of a checkbox added in one of the column in a QTableView.

Using QitemDelegate to create the checkbox using createEditor:

QWidget *NetDiagnosticsSelectionItemDelegate::createEditor(QWidget *parent, const QStyleOptionViewItem
    &option, const QModelIndex &index) const
    {
    QCheckBox *checkBox = new QCheckBox(parent);
    return checkBox;
    }

I am getting a left aligned QCheckBox
    0_1554811741579_d1b28835-efa4-4a86-b105-72d49af2c949-image.png

• Qt Champions 2019

Return a QWidget which contains two spacers and a QCheckbox in between.

• @Christian-Ehrlicher
    Thanks for the response. I am yet to try this approach but is 9it the only way to do it?

Why my below code in data(const QModelIndex & index, int role) doesnt work for only the column having checkboxes??

if (role == Qt::TextAlignmentRole)
    return Qt::AlignCenter;

• The checkbox is not getting created using the QItem delegate. But its due to the following code in QVariant data(const QModelIndex & index, int role){
    if (role == Qt::CheckStateRole)
    {
    if (index.column() == Selection)
    {
    NetDiagnosticsInfo *value = netDiagnosticsValues_.at(index.row());
    bool aBool = value->getSelection();
    if (aBool)
    return Qt::Checked ;
    else
    return Qt::Unchecked ;
    }
    }
    }

Is there any way to set the alignment here?

• Qt Champions 2019

No, Qt does not support aligning the checkbox in the item. You have to do it in your own delegate the way I told you above.

• @Christian-Ehrlicher Not working . The checkbox disappered when i added the checkox using a createEditor.

QWidget *NetDiagnosticsSelectionItemDelegate::createEditor(QWidget *parent, const QStyleOptionViewItem
    &option, const QModelIndex &index) const
    {
    QCheckBox *checkBox = new QCheckBox(parent);
    return checkBox;
    }

ui->tableView->setItemDelegateForColumn(NetDiagnosticsModel::Selection, new NetDiagnosticsSelectionItemDelegate(this));

Should i use paint function and not create editor???

• I had the same problem which I'd left open for years. Lately I revisited it and came up with these simple tweaks that seem working to me. I hope someone may find them useful.

// relocate checkbox to cell center
    void CheckItemDelegate::drawCheck ( QPainter * painter, const QStyleOptionViewItem & option, const QRect & rect,
    Qt::CheckState state ) const
    {
    int dx = (option.rect.width() - rect.width()) / 2;

QRect adjRect = rect;
    adjRect.adjust(dx, 0, dx, 0);

QItemDelegate::drawCheck(painter, option, adjRect, state);

}

// suppress drawing of the background of the empty text which would otherwise cover the relocated checkbox
    void CheckItemDelegate::drawDisplay(QPainter *painter, const QStyleOptionViewItem &option, const QRect &rect, const QString &text) const
    {
    }

// draw focus frame around the entire cell instead of just the text
    void CheckItemDelegate::drawFocus(QPainter *painter, const QStyleOptionViewItem &option, const QRect &rect) const {
    QItemDelegate::drawFocus(painter, option, option.rect);
    }