Skip to content

QML and Qt Quick

Looking for The Bling Thing(tm)? Post here!
19.6k Topics 75.8k Posts
  • 1 Votes
    13 Posts
    9k Views
    M

Bwt when start play radio station. It will be wonderful to display something like a progress. Because some radio streams take a little bit more time to start play.

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    ?

It happens sometimes and its ok. We just tag it as solved :)

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    M

TextEdit is one of the core QML elements, so I've moved this to "QTBUG-13575":http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-13575. Thanks for filing the report!

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    S

Hi infidel,

thanks a lot for your solutions! both works :)

• Jerky animation : no constant refresh rate

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    5k Views
    Q

If I do this :

@import Qt 4.7

Rectangle
    {
    width:1920
    height:1080
    anchors.fill:parent
    color : "black"

Timer {

id :time
    interval: 10;
    running: true;
    repeat: true
    onTriggered:{ logo.y=logo.y+10;if(logo.y>800) logo.y=0;}
    }

Rectangle {

id: logo
    x: 264
    y: -200
    width : 40
    height :40
    color :"red"
    Component.onCompleted :time.start();
    }

}
    @

If you launch qmlviewer with -opengl it's perfectly smooth ... If you do the same with an animation you have a jerky movement .... I don't know if the only way is to hack qt to change the 16 ms timer resolution ?

• [Solved] C++ Signals for QML Layer

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    9k Views
    S

Thanks for the hint.

I didn't use QtScript yet maybe I should take a look at it. ^^

• QImage::pixel() in QML

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    7k Views
    G

The code I had write :

@import Qt 4.7

Item
    {
    width: 256
    height: 256

function updateSelectedColor() { ColorPickerContext.selected_red = (1 - (cursor.y / height)) * (1 + (cursor.x / width) * (main_red - 1)) ColorPickerContext.selected_green = (1 - (cursor.y / height)) * (1 + (cursor.x / width) * (main_green - 1)) ColorPickerContext.selected_blue = (1 - (cursor.y / height)) * (1 + (cursor.x / width) * (main_blue - 1)) } Rectangle { width: parent.height height: parent.width transform: Rotation { angle: 90} x: parent.width y: 0 gradient: Gradient { GradientStop { position: 0.0; color: Qt.rgba(main_red, main_green, main_blue, 1)} GradientStop { position: 1.0; color: "white" } } } Rectangle { anchors.fill: parent gradient: Gradient { GradientStop { position: 0.0; color: Qt.rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) } GradientStop { position: 1.0; color: Qt.rgba(0, 0, 0, 1) } } } Image { id: cursor x: width/2 y: height/2 source: "cursor.png" } MouseArea { acceptedButtons: Qt.LeftButton anchors.fill: parent onPressed: { cursor.x = mouseX - 4 cursor.y = mouseY - 4 updateSelectedColor() } onPositionChanged: { cursor.x = mouseX - 4 cursor.y = mouseY - 4 updateSelectedColor() } }

}@

I'm not expert in QML, so if someone have critics, I'm interessed.

• GridView : change state of an item

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    M

Hmm, you are right, it is more complicated if you want clicking the empty space within the grid to deselect. I've edited anselmolsm's example to show one way to support this, along with a note on why the fix works. Note that the fix uses an undocumented property (flickableChildren) in order to have the MouseArea become a child of the contentItem.

• Paint with Qml

0 Votes
    16 Posts
    11k Views
    Y

If i found time, i'll help you. But actually it's just for fun. It's to study qml and i'm not sure canvas api interest people. Anymore, i write another plugin with another approach with a begin of webGl api support.
    I think it's better to develop different approach and merge later.

"If you want look new Video":http://www.developpez.net/forums/d906429-2/c-cpp/bibliotheques/qt/qextend-sortie-v0-0-1-a/#post5459209

• Create a global object

0 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    J

It's really impressive, thanks for that !

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    4k Views
    D

currentItem was not initialized

• FingerPaint App - QTouchEvent example

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    7k Views
    M

[quote author="chetankjain" date="1283405899"]not sure eraseRect can help here, you will have to repaint that rect from the original image, there may be accuracy issue as tskd has already tried[/quote]

Right, good point. I was assuming the image was just a plain white fill. Thanks for the clarification.

Michael

• 0 Votes
    15 Posts
    8k Views
    S

I agree with you guys...

My main objective is to build apps in C++ using QML as visual layer and it works pretty well yet.
    But especially the singal or method interface between both is a bit difficult.

So I would recommend it when you provide some more advanced tutorials in this topic.

"Tips and tricks for making your QML app fast" sounds interesting too.

• Qml or c++ or both

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    8k Views
    D

mario, yeah, I've uploaded this example to our lug server and you can download it "here":http://dl.yarlug.org/devel/Qt/qmlTreeModel.tar.gz .

• ListView and changes in model

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    8k Views
    A

whenever that data in the model changes make sure to call dataChanged() in the model.This will update the listView.

• XMLHttpRequest and cookies ?

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    6k Views
    M

Hi,

If these things are working correctly with other (e.g. webkit) xmlhttprequest implementations, then it is likely a bug in the QML implementation. Is it possible to provide an example or specific instructions to reproduce in the "bugtracker":http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com, so we can further track this down?

• Strange behavior on PathView

0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    M

It's unlikely that it will appear in 4.7.0 at this point -- most likely 4.7.1 .

• Accessing the positions of delegates

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    G

Hmm, I see.

Thank you very much

• QML/3D saw this new video on youtube

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    M

There is also an associated "blog post":http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2010/08/10/qml3d-demo/ available on Qt Labs.

• Unable to load gif file in QImage

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    7k Views
    S

After reading the documentation again, I figured out that it should be the decoration role and not the display role for the gif to render.