Unable to connect with remote debugger

• Hello,

I'm trying to debug an application on an Android mobile but I can't...
    A message appears on my mobile (indicating "waiting for debugger") then closes after a few seconds. On my mobile, the program continues its execution..
    I can start an Android application from qtCreator... But it's impossible to debug it...
    I can also communicate with the mobile using adb...

The debugger is well injected in the apk file

However, on the QtCreator side, I get the message "Remote communication error. Target disconnected: no error.". The debugging stops and I can't continue...

I get the following log

I/ActivityManager( 1809): Start proc net.essai for activity net.essai/org.qtproject.qt5.android.bindings.QtActivity: pid=15027 uid=10004 gids={50004, 9997, 3003, 1028, 1015} abi=armeabi-v7a
    W/ActivityThread(15027): Application net.essai is waiting for the debugger on port 8100...
    I/System.out(15027): Sending WAIT chunk
    I/art (15027): Debugger is active
    I/System.out(15027): Debugger has connected
    I/System.out(15027): waiting for debugger to settle...
    I/System.out(15027): debugger has settled (1426)

I unchecked the "enable QML" option in "debugger settings" and enabled the "usb debugging" option on my Android device. I did some tests under linux and Windows with two different mobiles and I get the same thing...

I use :
    QtCreator 4.7.0
    Android SDK build-tools 28.0.2
    NDK 17.1.4828580

What's going on? What's going on?

With my thanks...

• Am I the only one with these problems with Android debugging?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

You should add which version of Qt you are using and which version of Android you are running.

You should also try a less recent version of the NDK. Android folks tends to break stuff for third parties when releasing new NDKs.

See the Android Getting Started guide in Qt's documentation.

• I'm using Qt 5.11.1 and I'm using hardwares running with Android 5.0 and 8.0

Thanks for the advice: I'll try with an older version of the NDK.

• I followed the tips on the "Android Getting Started guide" page and I use now the NDK version 10e but I still can't launch the application on my device in debug mode.

I still get the error message: "Remote communication error. Target disconnected: no error."
    and the same log

I/ActivityManager( 1809): Start proc net.essai for activity net.essai/org.qtproject.qt5.android.bindings.QtActivity: pid=15027 uid=10004 gids={50004, 9997, 3003, 1028, 1015} abi=armeabi-v7a
    W/ActivityThread(15027): Application net.essai is waiting for the debugger on port 8100...
    I/System.out(15027): Sending WAIT chunk
    I/art (15027): Debugger is active
    I/System.out(15027): Debugger has connected
    I/System.out(15027): debugger has settled (1426)

Did I forget something?

Thanks !

• I also tried with qtcreator 4.5.2 but without more success...

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Can you debug using Android Studio ?

• no. I'm using qtcreator. Is it possible to load a project at (pro file) in android studio?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

No it's not, Android Studio is dedicated to Android Java development. The proposition is to check whether their IDE can properly debug to ensure that you have everything working correctly on their side.

• If... After a test, I can debug from android studio but I miss the debug symbols...

• In the QtCreator settings, how to insert debugging symbols in the apk file?

I use the Qmake parameters:

qmake essai.pro -spec android-g++ CONFIG+=debug CONFIG+=qml_debug && /root/Android/Sdk/ndk-bundle/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/make qmake_all

Thanks !

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.