symbol _ZN9QDateTimeC1EOS_, version Qt_5 not defined in file libQt5Core.so.5 with link time reference Application finished with exit code 127.

• Re: Compile QT 5.8 to cross-compile Beaglebone

Dear Developers,

I have build Qt5.7.1 from source for Beaglebone black platform and tried to run simple example application (login window) from Qt.

But after i deploy my application on Beaglebone black i get following error:

/home/root/Test5_7_1_istallation: relocation error: /home/root/Test5_7_1_istallation: symbol _ZTVN10__cxxabiv120__si_class_type_infoE, version Qt_5 not defined in file libQt5Core.so.5 with link time reference

Please inform me what can be the reason and solution for above problem.

Looking at above problem I also checked version of QT library cross compiled for Beaglebone black on my PC:

Qt 5.7.1 (arm-little_endian-ilp32-eabi-hardfloat shared (dynamic) release build; by GCC 4.9.3 20141031 (prerelease))

And Qt library prebuild in debian image of Beaglebone black.

// Library version in Beaglebone black

Qt 5.7.1 (arm-little_endian-ilp32-eabi-hardfloat shared (dynamic) release build; by GCC 6.3.0 20170124)
    This is the QtCore library version Qt 5.7.1 (arm-little_endian-ilp32-eabi-hardfloat shared (dynamic) release build; by GCC 6.3.0 20170124)

According to me version of both Qt libraries are same then what can be the reson for above problem ?

thank you very much for help :)

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Just to be sure the situation correctly:

• You have a cross-compiled Qt with gcc 4.9.3
    • On your target you have Qt version that is compiled using gcc 6.3.0

Is that correct ?

• Hello

Thank you very much for replying so fast @SGaist

Yes, whether It can cause problem ?

• Qt Champions 2017

@saurabh162,

yes that can cause problems.

please make sure to build everything with the same compiler.

• Hello @aha_1980

Thank you very much I will compile it again with gcc 6.3.0 and will update you with result.

regards
    Saurabh

• Hello @aha_1980

Thank you very much for your help. I have build Qt5.7.1 from source using GCC 6.3.1 and it works :)

Kind regards
    Saurabh

• Qt Champions 2017

@saurabh162 glad it worked and thanks for your feedback.

so please mark this topic as SOLVED.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.