Issues with AAPT in Qt Creator

• Trying to build Qt 5.9.2 examples for android-arm on Windows. I'm getting the following errors:

Starting process 'command 'C:\Users\tomm\Programs\Android\build-tools\26.0.2\aapt.exe''. Working directory: C:\QtAndroid\Examples\Qt-5.9.2\qt3d\build-wireframe-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_9_Qt_5_9_2_for_Android_armv7-Release\android-build Command: C:\Users\tomm\Programs\Android\build-tools\26.0.2\aapt.exe package -f --no-crunch -I C:\Users\tomm\Programs\Android\platforms\android-10\android.jar -M C:\QtAndroid\Examples\Qt-5.9.2\qt3d\build-wireframe-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_9_Qt_5_9_2_for_Android_armv7-Release\android-build\build\intermediates\manifests\full\debug\AndroidManifest.xml -S C:\QtAndroid\Examples\Qt-5.9.2\qt3d\build-wireframe-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_9_Qt_5_9_2_for_Android_armv7-Release\android-build\build\intermediates\res\merged\debug -m -J C:\QtAndroid\Examples\Qt-5.9.2\qt3d\build-wireframe-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_9_Qt_5_9_2_for_Android_armv7-Release\android-build\build\generated\source\r\debug -F C:\QtAndroid\Examples\Qt-5.9.2\qt3d\build-wireframe-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_9_Qt_5_9_2_for_Android_armv7-Release\android-build\build\intermediates\res\resources-debug.ap_ --debug-mode --custom-package org.qtproject.example -0 apk --no-version-vectors
    Successfully started process 'command 'C:\Users\tomm\Programs\Android\build-tools\26.0.2\aapt.exe''
    C:\QtAndroid\Examples\Qt-5.9.2\qt3d\build-wireframe-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_9_Qt_5_9_2_for_Android_armv7-Release\android-build\build\intermediates\manifests\full\debug\AndroidManifest.xml:37: AAPT: No resource identifier found for attribute 'hardwareAccelerated' in package 'android'

C:\QtAndroid\Examples\Qt-5.9.2\qt3d\build-wireframe-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_9_Qt_5_9_2_for_Android_armv7-Release\android-build\build\intermediates\manifests\full\debug\AndroidManifest.xml:43:36-165: AAPT: String types not allowed (at 'configChanges' with value 'orientation|uiMode|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|layoutDirection|locale|fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|navigation').

C:\QtAndroid\Examples\Qt-5.9.2\qt3d\build-wireframe-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_9_Qt_5_9_2_for_Android_armv7-Release\android-build\build\intermediates\manifests\full\debug\AndroidManifest.xml:37: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'hardwareAccelerated' in package 'android'

C:\QtAndroid\Examples\Qt-5.9.2\qt3d\build-wireframe-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_9_Qt_5_9_2_for_Android_armv7-Release\android-build\build\intermediates\manifests\full\debug\AndroidManifest.xml:41: error: Error: String types not allowed (at 'configChanges' with value 'orientation|uiMode|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|layoutDirection|locale|fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|navigation').

I have set my target/min versions to 21. I'm using sdk tools version 26.0.2.

• This solved my issue: https://forum.qt.io/topic/83930/android-build-sdk-not-defined-check-android-settings/7, plus installing a later platform.

For total android noobs, the instructions at http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/androidgs.html should be updated to not say android-10, since android 10 won't build the settings in the default AndroidManifest.xml

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

You can fill a suggestion for updating the documentation on the bug report system.

Note that the Android folks have a tendency to make new releases that are adding/removing/moving stuff around and are breaking things here and there thus the documentation might not be accurate because of that.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.