Android build SDK not defined. Check Android settings.

• Error message : Android build SDK not defined. Check Android settings.
    Error while building/deploying project mapAndlocation (kit: Android for x86 (GCC 4.9, Qt 5.9.1 for Android x86))
    When executing step "Build Android APK"

0_1507280323348_qr.JPG 1_1507280393017_options.JPG 0_1507280393017_android settings.JPG

Please have a look my QT creator settings and please let me know whats the issues i am unable to run apps on emulator or android device.

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators

@NikhilJ In the middle of the first screenshot you can see a combo box "Android build SDK" - there is nothing selected.

• @jsulm yes that's the reason. I don't know why platforms are not showing there. I have already give complete SDK path in screen shot 3. And SDK path in environment variable as well. can u please help me to know the reason.
    I am using 64 bit windows 10. with latest android SDK & QT version.

• Moderators

@NikhilJ Is there nothing in "Android build SDK"?

• @jsulm Yes i am unable to select platform in this drop down.(Empty).

• @NikhilJ I had the same problem, but I have installed the latest Qt 5.9.2, the latest JDK 1.8.0-151, the latest Android NDK (android-ndk-r15c), the latest Android SDK Tools (26.1.1), the latest Android SDK Platform-Tools (26.0.1), the latest Android SDK Build-Tools (26.0.2) and also I have installed all Android SDK for API Level from 16 to 26, and now I do not observe the problem.

Also check: can you invoke java -version from command line? What do you see? It must be JDK 8 or early.

Qt Creator must be available to call sdkmanager, avdmanager and etc. To do it you have to set the JAVA_HOME environment variable to JDK 8 and put JAVA_HOME/bin into the PATH environment variable before calling Qt Creator.

• If I remember correctly this problem may be due to a bug in QtCreator that puts empty BuildTargetSdk keys on the .pro.user file. Try editing that an add appropriate values for the key (at many locations), e.g.

key="BuildTargetSdk">android-23</value>

• @AnatolyS Hello, i had the same issue, but after removing a old jdk and reinstalling JDK version 8 update 151 everything works.
    I have not set the JAVA_HOME environnement variable.

• I had the same problem while importing qt examples with QtCreator 4.7 (Qt5.11.1) on Mac. My solution was similar to @mvuori. Once I replaced empty BuildTargetSdk keys inside .pro.user with "android-26", the "Android build SDK" option has become selectable.

• OK, after many hours try out I finally find out how you can fix it.

• Download and use Android NDK r10e separately (not install it through SDK Manager)
    • Download and use Android SDK without Android Studio (download android tools from official site) Qt Preferences will installs all needed packages (build tools , platform tools, sdk tools, platform android-28)
    • Install and use Java JDK 8 (not newer)

Please note that installing sdk packages through Android Studio will not be detectable by Qt

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.