Android build SDK not defined. Check Android settings.

• Error message : Android build SDK not defined. Check Android settings.
    Error while building/deploying project mapAndlocation (kit: Android for x86 (GCC 4.9, Qt 5.9.1 for Android x86))
    When executing step "Build Android APK"

0_1507280323348_qr.JPG 1_1507280393017_options.JPG 0_1507280393017_android settings.JPG

Please have a look my QT creator settings and please let me know whats the issues i am unable to run apps on emulator or android device.

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators

@NikhilJ In the middle of the first screenshot you can see a combo box "Android build SDK" - there is nothing selected.

• @jsulm yes that's the reason. I don't know why platforms are not showing there. I have already give complete SDK path in screen shot 3. And SDK path in environment variable as well. can u please help me to know the reason.
    I am using 64 bit windows 10. with latest android SDK & QT version.

• Moderators

@NikhilJ Is there nothing in "Android build SDK"?

• @jsulm Yes i am unable to select platform in this drop down.(Empty).

• @NikhilJ I had the same problem, but I have installed the latest Qt 5.9.2, the latest JDK 1.8.0-151, the latest Android NDK (android-ndk-r15c), the latest Android SDK Tools (26.1.1), the latest Android SDK Platform-Tools (26.0.1), the latest Android SDK Build-Tools (26.0.2) and also I have installed all Android SDK for API Level from 16 to 26, and now I do not observe the problem.

Also check: can you invoke java -version from command line? What do you see? It must be JDK 8 or early.

Qt Creator must be available to call sdkmanager, avdmanager and etc. To do it you have to set the JAVA_HOME environment variable to JDK 8 and put JAVA_HOME/bin into the PATH environment variable before calling Qt Creator.

• If I remember correctly this problem may be due to a bug in QtCreator that puts empty BuildTargetSdk keys on the .pro.user file. Try editing that an add appropriate values for the key (at many locations), e.g.

key="BuildTargetSdk">android-23</value>

• @AnatolyS Hello, i had the same issue, but after removing a old jdk and reinstalling JDK version 8 update 151 everything works.
    I have not set the JAVA_HOME environnement variable.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.