Ble advertising data

• Hi i am using Qt 5.9.1 and using BLE API's of qt. I am not able to find any api in qt which can change the ble device name. so i used a java api setname and call it throught my code. and for all other apis like advertising and broadcasting i used qt apis. but my problem is that when i am advertising the characterstics if the device name of ble is more than 8 characters then it is showing ADVERTISE_FAILED_DATA_TOO_LARGE, whether the device name is of 1 character or 16 character, size of advertising data is always 4 Bytes which i am getting with the help of sizeof function.
    And according to qt documentation advertising data can be within 31 Bytes. Please help as i am not able to understand what is the issue.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Sounds like it might be something lower level. I'd recommend bringing this question to the interest mailing list. You'll find there the QtConnectivity modules developers/maintainers. This forum is more user oriented.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.