The emulator starts but the app doesn't

• Hi,

I get the following warning in the compile output

Warning: Android platform 'android--1' does not exist in SDK.
    Cannot find template directory C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/tools/templates/gradle/wrapper
    20:06:19: The process "C:\Qt\Qt5.6.2\5.6\android_armv7\bin\androiddeployqt.exe" exited with code 3.
    Error while building/deploying project untitled (kit: Android for armeabi-v7a (GCC 4.9, Qt 5.6.2))
    When executing step "Build Android APK"

The emulator starts but the app never starts and there is no icon for it.

How can I get it to work?

• Moderators

Please try with Qt 5.9 and newest Qt Creator. Google recently completely changed the build tools, so if you have new Android SDK/NDK but older Qt Creator/Qt version, it might not work.

Or maybe it's simply that your kit is not set up correctly. Check Qt Creator preferences, if Qt Version and Kit does not report any warnings/ errors (Qt Creator->Preferences->Build and run).

• When I try to use Qt Creator 4.3.1 (Qt 5.9.1) and I select New Project > Qt Quick Application, on the right side the only supported platforms is Desktop. I added the path to JDK, SDK, and NDK in Qt Creator. I have a warning in Tools > Options > Devices > Android.

Qt versions for 6 architecture are missing
    To ad the Qt versions, select Options > Build & Run > Qt Versions.

So I installed Qt Creator 4.0.3( Qt 5.6.1) and when I select New Project > Qt Quick Application, on the right side the supported platforms are Android Device and Desktop. I added the path to JDK, SDK, and NDK in Qt Creator. I have a warning in Tools > Options > Devices > Android.

Qt versions for 4 architecture are missing
    To ad the Qt versions, select Options > Build & Run > Qt Versions.

I installed Android NDK, Revision 10e based on the recommendation from http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/androidgs.html

I added the path to javac and apache ant's bin folders in the system variables. I also added ANT_HOME to the user variables.

• Moderators

@WhatIf Did you install Qt for Android?

• qt-opensource-windows-x86-android-5.6.2 offline installers

• Moderators

@WhatIf I've found a workaround for that: see this post. There is also another, more hacky solution: modify your *.pro.user file and replace every occurrence (there will be 3) of
    "android--1" with an existing API from your SDK, for example: "android--23" - however, Qt Creator often reloads and saves the .user file, so this solution is very unstable.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.