Mobile development and third library

• Hi guys !
    I have to develop mobile application for iOS and Android. I'm pretty new to mobile dev and I'm looking for technologies to use. I think Qt (with QtQuick) is a good tech with the cross platform and my business written in C++. For a client I have to develop this app which use my business in C++ and their libraries. For Android they have a Java interface (I think I can use this .jar library and integrate it to my business C++/Qt) but for the iOS app they use CocoaPod, and I don't know what is it and if it's compatible with C++/Qt and how link it to my project.
    I don't stop my choice in Qt (for this dev) but I'll prefer use it, is it easy to integrate Java interface (.jar library ) in my business C++/Qt and use CocoaPods ?
    I think you could have the answers to my interogations :)
    Best regards,
    Psykomusic

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

For Android, yes you can have use Java libraries and access them from Qt. See for example the Notification Example from the QtAndroidExtras module.

Cocoapods is a package manager for project dependencies. You can use Objective-C++ to use Objective-C based libraries in C++ projects. However I don't know how well it mixes with Qt project management.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.